- Jakobsbrevet 4:8 "Närma er Gud, så ska han närma sig er..."
- Var aktiv för relationens skull - vi växer ihop!
- Var passiv och se den falla - vi växer ifrån varandra.
You have probably met someone who divorced/separated/broke up with the motivation "We grew apart". I think it's a fairly accurate description of what happens to many relationships. It is easy to think that we are standing still in a relationship (with God or each other) when we can never actually do that. Because there are only two ways in which a relationship can develop: forward or backward. We can never stand still, we always move in some direction.
- James 4:8 "Come near to God and he will come near to you..."
How a relationship developes is entirely up to us who are a part of it. Do we make an effort for the relationship to grow? If yes - then it will! If no - then the relationship gradually deteriorates a little. Don't believe that the relationship is dormant, because it changes all the time! And it's the same way with our human relations as with our relationship with God. Either you try to improve the relationship or you will "grow apart". A healthy relationship requires effort. You must constantly communicate with each other for the relationship to develop - we need to stay updated about each other's lives.
So you have two choices in your relationships:
- Be active for the sake of the relationship - we grow together!
- Be passive and watch it fall - we grow apart.
Invest in time with God, your partner and/or your friends! It will give results!